Friday, February 6, 2015

I have a dream.

I have a dream where patients can come and receive effective medical care, which is by definition, the use of science in healing.

I have a dream that pain will be viewed, not a problem, but as one of the symptoms of a more fundamental problem.

I have a dream where we can answer our patient when the ask "Why do I have pain?"  "What is wrong with me?"

I have a dream where we can offer sufferers interventions that are proven to be effective in the long term.

I have a dream where our interventions are safe.

I have a dream where we can not only help with chronic pain, but with the anxiety and PTSD that typically accompanies pain.

I have a dream where patients feel that the medical care provider never questions the unity of their experience of the sense of themselves.  Where they are never regarded as just "their back" or "all in their head".

I have a dream where we use our understanding of the underlying mechanism which predispose us to chronic pain, anxiety and PTSD, to intervene and stabilize this mechanism to prevent pain, PTSD and anxiety in ourselves and our patients.

In my dream we can help people with their suffering.

In my dream we can help people avoid suffering.

1 comment:

  1. David Garlick, The Lost Sixth Sense, a medical scientist looks at the alexander technique.
    Why is this book not in print?

    ReplyDelete